Want us to tailor a Fiordland off-track adventure to your needs? We can! Just drop us a line using our query form telling us the amount of time you have, and the kind of experience you want, or call us on (00 64) +3 249 9312.
To help you decide what you want, browse the below bucket list of options.
To help you plan, it's also handy to know prices for privately-tailored trips. These prices are at the bottom of this page.
Your bucket list
What is the purpose of your adventure?
- Personal enjoyment
- Corporate team builder
- Corporate social responsibility event
- School or college trip
- Charity fundraiser
What do you want to do?
- Walking up peaks
- Walking through forest
- Boat trips to access wilderness
- Helicopter flights to access the tops of mountains or more remote areas
- A mixture of all the above
What do you want to experience?
- Bird spotting
- Trapping of possums and stoats
- Plant identification in forests
- Bush survival skills training
- Bush walking and navigation skills
- Alpine plant identification above the bushline
- Alpine walking above the bushline
- Mountain summits
- Wild deer stalking (cameras only: we show you how to hunt for venison, but we leave the guns behind)
- Gourmet food or standard camp food
- Gentle pace and mainly flat for all abilities
- Moderately tough including some uphill for moderately fit people
- Tough uphill mountain challenge for people with above-average fitness
How long do you want to go for?
- One day adventure
- Multi-day camping adventures
- Several one day adventures consecutively with hotel accommodation inbetween
What do you want us to organise?
- Just your Bushbash
- More add-ons, such as a trip to Fiordland's world-famous fiord at Milford Sound or a day's fly fishing
- Transport from Queenstown
Get in touch!
Prices for privately-tailored trips
Trips of one day or shorter
If you are looking for a trip of one day's duration or shorter, with one qualified guide, we charge by the hour. Our hourly rate is:
$80 for up to four people (just $20 each per hour if four people),
$90 for five people ($18 each per hour), and
$100 for six people ($17 each per hour).
For these trips, we provide snacks and hot drinks, and lunch if the trip is four hours or more and spans lunch time.
Trips of two or more days' duration include overnight wilderness camping, a lead guide, a co-guide, and all transport, food and camping equipment. For this package our day rate is $1,200 and we can take up to five people ($240 each per day). Packages that include add ons, such as helicopter flights or gourmet food, involve additional cost.